Hi, and Welcome to the Jackie Ranson Photography Blog

I am an on-location newborn/child, family, and wedding photographer, located in Virginia. Here, you will find a few personal favorite sneak peaks from each recent session. You will also see a few photos of my own family in the mix.

Thanks for stopping by, and I look forward to working with you in the near future!

All images are the sole property of Jackie Ranson Photography.
You must have written permission to use any and all images from this site. Please no right-click saving.
Thank you!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 8- A little Bit of Music

I was asked a few weeks ago if I was interested in playing my flute for the 4th and 5th grade choir at the elementary school my daughter goes too.  As a person who can't really say no, I picked up my flute from the corner in the bedroom, full of dust and played. I haven't played in a long time and I am really glad that I said yes, even if it was just for a small elementary choir Christmas program, I enjoyed it and it made me realize how much I really miss playing and how much music really has meant in my life.

A little bit of music~
and for those of you who want to know what i played- its "somewhere in my memory" from Home Alone, gotta love John Williams!

1 comment:

karenhudsonphotographyblog spot said...

I am so glad you had the opportunity to play again. You are a great flutist, Jackie. I get goose bumps every time I hear some flute music, just thinking about your old musical days gone by. I am thankful for the memories, especially playing at our wedding and your sister's wedding.