Hi, and Welcome to the Jackie Ranson Photography Blog

I am an on-location newborn/child, family, and wedding photographer, located in Virginia. Here, you will find a few personal favorite sneak peaks from each recent session. You will also see a few photos of my own family in the mix.

Thanks for stopping by, and I look forward to working with you in the near future!

All images are the sole property of Jackie Ranson Photography.
You must have written permission to use any and all images from this site. Please no right-click saving.
Thank you!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Joy & Orrin {Forever Love/Trash the Dress Onanock Photographer}



Photography is a art, a love, a passion, a moment... When Joy asked me to photograph her and her newly married husband Orrin in their wedding attire, I was all for it but it wasn't until Joy said we could "Trash her Dress" did I get really really excited. The term "trash the dress" or "fearless bride" as I like to call it,  is a style of wedding photography that contrasts elegant clothing with an environment in which it is out of place. It is generally shot in the style of fashion and glamour photography. In other words, we go to different locations besides where the bride gets married, city streets, rooftops, alley ways, abandoned building, fields... etc etc. and shoot. You don't have to "trash your dress" at all. Its just Art. I wish more people would be interested in having this done because its SO much fun!

Before we started the trashing, we had formal photos done, since J & O didn't get as many photos on their wedding day as they would have liked, I was there to help with that problem~ We met at Charlotte Hotel, which Orrin's mom owns, and took a few there and then around the corner to his house for some more.


After the formals, the rain started. How PERFECT for a trash the dress shoot! Joy was such a great sport and was up for anything I asked! I have to say, I'm loving these more and more!! It was so much fun and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Thanks again for allowing me to photograph you guys! And a special thanks to Joys friend Sarah for helping me out and Orrin for holding the rain off my camera! I had a blast!


2 comments:

Joan said...

Jackie, That's my beautiful daughter and her very handsome husband. I could tell from the pictures that she was having a ball. Great job! I have enjoyed looking at your other pictures as well.

Alison said...

I absolutely love these... Joy and Orrin- they are perfect!!!